This has been one of our most popular designed room choices for boys. It was originally designed and installed to welcome twin boys to a magical world. The carousel theme drawings were created and then this magical room was built.
As shown here, the design elements are as follows:
- 8.5 foot wide structure / 14 feet tall
- 8 fabric panels (used for carousel and window treatments)
- 2 custom painted horses
- faux wood floor, 120 pounds of sculptured appliqués
- 18 feet by 11 feet – each cube is 16”x16”
- 100 letters (8 inches each)
- bench seat with pad and pillows (16 pillows total)
- 4 individual blocks (used anywhere within room)
- Armoire storage area used within 15 blocks
- 4 shelves (4 feet wide)
- 8 small letter block shelf brackets
- 2 horse portraits 24”x54” (image of each horse head)
- 1 ticket image 20”x50” (mounted on attic door)
- 1 monkey image mounted above TV frame
This large room which measured 18’ x 20’ with 14’ ceilings was the perfect place for some stunning design elements. The central of the room is the generously sized carousel (8.5’ wide and 14’tall) housing 2 cribs and 2 custom detailed carousel horses. The little boys that this room was designed for can dream playful and whimsical dreams in their own private carousel.
Along the windowed wall, a built-in storage is whimsically created as stacked letter blocks. Half of the blocks open as storage for toys and books. The blocks are stacked as if a little boy had stacked them.
From the top of the carousel elegant fabric panels waft across the ceiling to the windows and gracefully become the window treatments. These panels create a warm presence in a large space, softening the effect of the high ceilings and grand carousel.
A tricky element in the room was disguising the attic door opening. We created a giant ticket mounted on top of the ladder pull down for the attic.
All of the elements in this room both large and small sit on a beautiful upholstered floor created from colorful soft fabrics. Walking into the room is both a visual and tactile experience, with the soft pillow floor panels. The room required a total of 57 floor squares and each of the panels can be pulled up to change out if needed (just in case).
This Carousel Room was an amazing effort that ended up being worth every but of time spent.