The Butterflies & Hiccups Pregnancy Journal beautifully illustrates the miracle of pregnancy with such grace and charm. Each month contains thought-provoking questions that prompts the new mother-to-be (and father!) to capture the most important moments of pregnancy. There is plenty of room to record health visits, baby's development, the physical changes and symptoms as well as special circumstances during pregnancy so you can customize your journal to reflect your unique experiences during this exciting time in your life. There is even room to include a picture each month, if desired!
Sample Journal Questions:
- MONTH ONE: Describe how you felt the moment you found out you were pregnant. Who was the first person you told that you were pregnant?
- MONTH TWO: Are you remembering to take your prenatal vitamins regularly? What is your favorite food this month?
- MONTH THREE: If you've experienced morning sickness, is it starting to subside? Who do you regularly talk to and share all your pregnancy details with?
- MONTH FOUR: What are you wearing this month? (i.e. maternity clothes, oversized clothes, etc.) What specific worries or concerns do you have related to the pregnancy?
- MONTH FIVE: Is your baby moving around yet? If so, what was your first reaction? Will you find out the sex of the baby? Why or why not?
- MONTH SIX: Have you felt the baby hiccup yet? Have you and your husband decided on a baby name yet?
- MONTH SEVEN: How often to you experience Braxton-Hicks contractions? What are your favorite pregnancy/childbirth books at the moment?
- MONTH EIGHT: How many times have strangers touched your belly? How are you and your husband preparing for childbirth? (i.e. exercise, perineal massage, childbirth classes, etc.)
- MONTH NINE: How is your husband feeling now that you are almost ready to deliver? Have you been "nesting"? If so, what have you done to prepare for the baby's arrival?
Other chapters within the journal include:
- Practitioner Visits
- Baby's Development
- Pregnancy Symptoms
- Birth: Welcome to Motherhood
- Bringing the Baby Home
- Bed Rest
- Hospital Bag Checklist
- Birth Plan
- Fun Ideas to Pamper Yourself
- and more...
"Butterflies & Hiccups is an incredible book to remember your pregnancy month-by-month, in detail. I used to have to write these things in a blank notebook, especially if I was trying to remember what made me feel bloated, tired or gave me heartburn! More importantly, it memorizes those special moments you will never experience with each child twice, like the actual day of that first "butterfly" feeling or the time of day your baby kicked or turned more. I love the idea of having a photograph page for each month for your memories. Pregnancy is one of the most wonderful aspects of being a woman and being able to look back on that special time is something that will always bring you a great sense of pride and joy!" -- Hunter Tylo, President, Hunter's Chosen Child and Television & Film Actress
"Butterflies & Hiccups is a beautifully illustrated, well organized pregnancy journal. What a wonderful way to keep track of mom's and baby's earliest times together. I wish I could prescribe this book to every pregnant woman! What a great way to catalog the time all children later wish they knew about!" -- Donnica Moore MD, leading health expert on Oprah and the View -- the first name in Women's Health!